Monday, September 24, 2018

Dogwood Firefly

Just wanted to throw out a quick post on an amazing product for your Becker knives. The Dogwood Knives Firefly.

Dogwood makes aftermarket scales for both the full size Beckers and Tweeners. 30 minutes of sunlight can equal 8+ hours of glow.

They come in a variety of colors, liners, and glow stones. Green glow will be the brightest.

The full size feel just like the stock Kabar handles, while the Tweener handles have some very nice subtle texturing.

Click here for the Tweeners

Click here for the full size

So let me talk about why I like these.

1. They glow. Seriously I think this has happened to everyone at some point. You are sitting by a fire whittling a stick and night begins to fall. You put your blade down for just one second to maybe throw another log on. The blade disappears, now you're feeling around looking for it hoping to find the handle before you find the blade. This has even happened to me with large blades in daylight! I will be limbing a branch with my bk4 and then put it down on the ground for just a minute to gather up the cut off branches. I spend at least three minutes walking around in a grid looking for it. These handles really help with the visibility day or night.

2. Ever since I got married most of my camping has been car camping. Usually in one of the paved drive-in spots next to all of the nice RVs. Well when I'm out swinging blades and making noise I get the sense it makes everyone else feel uneasy. The full size grips give the bk4 a less threatening look. Probably a good thing. Definitely looks less threatening hanging out of the sheath on a pack.

Just by themselves.

Add some light.

SUPER GLOW.

Full size in green with green glow.


White liners, orange handle, with green glow.


Family photo.

Blue with blue glow.


No comments:

Post a Comment