Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bush Hog

While I was taking photos of some blades in Ethan's shop I came across this bk6. I was originally  looking at the early prototype Camillus micarta handles on this bk6 when I saw the name "BUSH HOG" where the normal logo would have been. I then looked at the other two bk6's Ethan has in his shop and they all said "BUSH HOG." I asked Ethan about it and he said that was the original name. He says some company called up Camillus because they had a trademark on that name for some other product. Ethan said Camillus almost scrapped making the bk6 until he said "Why don't we just change the name." So Ethan renamed it the Patrol Machete. Ethan said he's unsure if any actually shipped out with the Bush Hog name on it. I've never seen any. From what I've gathered it may have been called the bush hog on some early catalogs or ads. They might be out there, so collectors keep an eye out.




No comments:

Post a Comment